Rock Mill Covered Bridge
Festivals || Museums || Ohio Covered Bridges || Rock Mill
Sherman & Family || Shopping in Fairfield County, Ohio || Glass Industry || Art Events
Agri-Tourism || Golf || Parks and Nature || Gardens || Cemeteries


Original Rock Mill built 1824 Rock Mill Building Circa 2007
Rock Mill and Covered Bridge Inside the mill
Structural Components of Mill More pictures of inside the Mill
Rafters Rock Mill Covered Bridge over Upper Falls of the Hocking River near its source
Water Wheel on Mill Today from river level looking towards the mill
Sluice directs water towards the wheel

Rock Mill & Covered Bridge in Fairfield County, Ohio

Click on pictures in left-hand column for enlargement and description.

Rock Mill (seen on right)
built in 1824 by Christian Morehart

Rock Mill, the first mill built in Fairfield County, Ohio was originally built in 1787 by Joseph Loveland and Hezekiah Smith. This picture was taken circa 1902 (note the chimney for the steam engine on the right). The mill closed circa 1907.

arockmillold